Compelling visual cues reinforce a message in a way that words or photos can't.
Infographics in today's online and offline world, whether static or animated, are compelling visual cues that reinforce a message in a way that words or a photo can not achieve for business.
When we have products or services that require continual education with our customers and prospects, infographics are certainly a compelling approach to consider.
Reasons we need to educate customers
As business owners, we can find we often need to educate our customers or prospects about any number of attributes, the reasons can include:
- product/service benefits to customers
- we find it difficult to explain our product/service
- customers find it difficult to understand our product/service
- confusion in the market place about what our business does
- showing the process to produce an end result
- an issue relating or affecting our industry, and more.
It could put your company ahead of the rest in your market for clear and compelling communication.
If you tick any of the above, it could be worth searching online to see what others are doing out there in your industry. Infographics are not always widely used, and if done well, could put your company ahead of the rest in your market for clear and compelling communication. It's a chain effect.
Why infographics benefit - the chain effect
Clear compelling communication to customers about your business offering doesn't just happen. It needs to be thought through clearly and tested.
Take a look here to see the chain effect, and potential end result, of clear infographics to a customer:
- Generate clear infographics with a clear message or objective
- Use these in a brochure or on your website
- "John Smith" reads / sees your message
- "John" quickly understands the underlying objective
- Time is saved trying explain what you do to "John"
- "John" asks for more information, or is ready to purchase sooner, or has quickly understood a social or industry issue he needed to be aware of
Consider how you can...make the purchase as easy as possible for the customer.
With an emerging generation having grown up using ipad's and an online world with shorter attentions spans and patience for difficult to understand offerings, it is important to consider how we can make our business easy to understand in order to make the purchase as easy as possible for the customer.
Client example - giving bovine TB the boot
Our latest work has been to help OSPRI communicate and establish the foundation of what they do. In this infographic animation, OSPRI educate farmers and the public about how bovine TB is spread and how we can give TB the boot in New Zealand.